Things I have learnt this week and it’s only Wednesday…
- If you drop your Blackberry in the toilet at 2am, do not shout, “S**t”, run to the bedroom, turn on the hairdryer and panic. Instead…. calmly remove said item from the toilet bowl, dry phone off, take off battery, remove sim card and media card. Proceed directly to the kitchen. Find some rice. Place phone in plastic sandwich bag, pour in rice (uncooked), zip bag up. Put bag in airing cupboard and leave for approx 30 hours. Remove bag and clean off rice, some of which will now have embeded itself in phone. Replace sim card, media card and battery and hey presto – good as new. Result (for me at least)
- I can manage 30 hours without my mobile phone (difficult and I bit all the skin around my nails, but I did not actually die so everyone’s a winner)
- Sometimes being a working mummy is hard, especially when you have big projects on at work and your little boy is growing up and starting school in the same week. Tomorrow he will start full time. I will drop him off and immediately jump on the train to London for an overnight, missing his first school pick up
- Sometimes running your own business is especially hard
- Sometimes I need a wife
- Sometimes life is just hard
- Oh and lastly, the weather in Manchester is beyond rubbish.
All that said, every day is a learning experience – good and bad – and as I said I’m still alive….which is good.
Have a great rest of week all.